We listed our Rental Property with Jay Rezendes of Remax 1st Choice.Jay provided us with a CMA of our rental property.

Which we thought was extremely low but we wanted to sell as we do not have the time to take care of the property any longer. At first Jay seemed to be very honest and forthright. But as the process went on I knew he was there to just make a Sale! After listing the property, he had multiple offers (I can not attribute the offers because of Jay, it was the price!) Jay Rezendes presented the offers to me and he said we should go with this one, so I believed him!!!

The buyers gave a $1000 deposit, which is held by Jay and Remax until today. Jay wanted a answer right away. His line was " Whats wrong with it" So thinking for 2 minutes ( my fault) I agreed and moved forward. He also mentioned that the buyers wanted a credit of $5000 at closing which I agreed with.

Jay and the sellers agent scheduled a time to do the home inspection, so the buyers and we as the sellers met at the property, and for some reason the home inspector id not show up. Ok no problem,.. It was rescheduled for another day/time. After doing the home inspection Jay met with me again and stated the buyers wanted some items fixed in the property.

Which was a extensive list, and he mentioned by the way "I increased the credit to the buyer to $6500"!!! Is that a decision a realtor should make without even speaking to you??? After that happened I could not trust Jay any further. Jay did present the list of requested repairs and I told him I will only do a few things as I am loosing over $100 thousand dollars on the property and I refuse to loose more.

After some back and forth we finally agreed on terms as we only have 5 days to agree to the terms. So on the 4th day I ask Jay to email me over the new signed repair list. But this time Jay never responded?? Two days later jay called ( he usually text, but he did not want to have a paper trail now I understand) the repair request has expired and the if the buyers do not move forward we will keep the $1000 deposit and relist.

I said OK. The next day, I receive another call from Jay stating there is a issue with the Raydon test and the buyers want me to pay for mitigation. I completely refused, and told Jay We will keep the deposit and move on, he agreed. Then the day after I get another call from Jay stating the buyers will not sign a release until they receive there deposit back.

But wait a minute didn't you tell me a day prior to keep the deposit? Well I have terminated my agreement with Jay Rezendes as he can NOT BE TRUSTED to work on my behalf and I suggest any one looking for a realtor not to choose Jay Rezendes ... FYI Jay's tag line " Your Realtor for life, it should be your "Dishonest Realtor for life" I have filed a complaint with the Department of Business Regulations in Rhode Island against Mr.

Jay Rezendes Remax 1st Choice Cranston Rhode Island.DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT HIRE JAY REZENDES TO BE YOUR REALTOR!!!

Review about: Remax Realtor.

Monetary Loss: $220000.

Had an Experience with Remax?

Comments