1.3

I bought a house from Jon Modene in 2015. It is a foreclosure in North Toledo.

I viewed the house, and knew of the physical issues it had (missing plumbing, and bare kitchen with no cabinets or sink) as it had sat vacant for some time. I am poor and a fixer upper is the only thing I can afford. I asked if there were any other issues with the house that I couldn'r see and the agent assured me there wasn't. So, I made an offer on the house, the agent called and said there had been a counter offer (probably lying cause who wants to live in North Toledo except poor people, amirite?) and that I should offer the full asking price of the house.

I desperately needed a place to live so I caved and did it. Of course I got the house because no one else was really interested in it. I moved from my LMHA public housing into my first home. I was thrilled.

Once I had my furniture set up and was living in it, that's when the bedbugs came out. Then later, the fleas. I called Jon Modene's office and they said it wasn't their problem as I had already bought the house and that I should have raised the issue before closing. I thought I did.

I asked clearly if there were any problems I couldn't see. The neighbor, who owned the house before me and got foreclosed on, told me they were aware of the problem and that they had told the realtor about it before selling. Now, I'm screwed. I've tried everything I can to get rid of the problem.

I can't afford a professional exterminator (they quoted me $2200) and I've bought cans and cans of spray and bottles of powder to no avail. All my furniture is up on bedbug catchment cups now and that's the best I can do. I still get one on my bed every now and then and had to throw out a Victorian sofa that had become infested.

Don't buy from Remax-Jon Modene. They are crooks and liars and take advantage of poor people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Remax Realtor.

Reason of review: Dishonesty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Theoretically the house.

I didn't like: Lies, Bullying tactics.

Comments