1.6

Initially started out well.Realtor did great securing the home.

After moving in I found several issues (leaking sinks, extremely low water pressure, rocking toilets, inoperable appliances, etc). I called the realtor to ask why the physical inspection missed these issues. She said I waived the inspection. A week later, she sent me a blank waiver and asked me to sign it.

After refusing and asking for compensation for these isssues I was referred to her broker. The broker offered $500 and a "No Harm" document he requested i sign as a condition of the settlement. I initially asked for $1200-$1500 in accommodation (to pay for new oven, my fee to hire an appliance technician, and a plumber to fix the issues). I was referred to the warranty which told me there is no coverage available as these issues are considered "pre-existing".

So now the broker is telling me he feels he has no "legal exposure" and is comfortable with me taking him to court.

Remax has shown to me to be unprofessional in representing the client, apathetic to the issues that could have been prevented, and stubborn in negotiations.I am now an opponent of Remax and I encourage home-buyers to tread with caution until this organization fixes their issues.

Review about: Remax Home Buying.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Remax?

Comments